K1 and K2 trip to Discovery Museum
It was a very good opportunity for the children to learn about many different scientific concepts and it even covered some of our literacy and English themes. At the Museum we:
-Played with the sound tunnel pipes
-Used shadow puppets in the dark room
– Played inside the bubble machine
– Used the push and pull machine
– Role played a train driver and fireman on the apparatus
– Went to a mini mart, doctor’s office, school and a house. The children were allowed to use the toy equipment and roleplay the different occupations.
– We observed insects in cages.
– We went to the library and listened to stories.