Diversity and Multiculturalism
A strong supporter of diversity and multiculturalism, Wells does not discriminate on the basis of gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation. Our staff members themselves represent over a dozen nations and typically have teaching experience in multiple countries. Approximately 70% of the instructors in the Wells system possess or are currently pursuing advanced qualifications – either graduate diplomas in instruction or master’s degrees – and average nearly ten years of teaching experience. Wells even offers master’s programs in education on site at its On Nut campus in affiliation with Framingham State University, based in Massachusetts, offering staff members excellent professional development opportunities.
Wells typically seeks the following qualities in a teaching applicant:
- A minimum of a B.Ed. or equivalent teaching qualification. Master’s degrees preferred.
- Four or more years of teaching experience preferred.
- ICT proficiency & ability to frequently use technology in duties.
- Familiarity with the American & IB DP curricula, and modern teaching approaches.
- A willingness to work collaboratively.
THONG LOR CAMPUS
- K1 and Nursery Homeroom Teacher for Immediate Hire
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- English speaker.
- Excellent opportunity for beginner teachers, or teachers looking for on the job training.
- Flexibility and growth mindset.
BANG NA CAMPUS
- Teacher Assistant Position Available Immediately
- Thai nationality
- Not over 35 years old
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in any field
- Proficient in spoken English
- Love working with kids
- Punctual and responsible
- Able to work as a team in a multicultural environment
ON NUT CAMPUS
- 中文教师招聘（全职/兼职）Chinese Teacher Position (Full time/ Part time)
- 本科以上学历。 Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 两年以上教学工作经验。At least two years teaching experience.
- 男女不限。Male /Female.
- 有意者请发中英文简历至中文部邮箱 email@example.com
Interested candidates please send your Chinese & English CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All other positions for the 2017-2018 school year are filled; any updates for the following school year will be posted between January to March. Wells International School accepts applications at any time and will retain all submitted documents for a minimum of two calendar years. We regret that we will be unable to respond to every inquiry due to the volume of applicants.
The Wells System
Wells International School spans three campuses along Sukhumvit Road, one of the busiest thoroughfares in Bangkok. With each campus located within a short distance of a BTS station or major roadway, Wells has expanded rapidly since opening in 1998, most recently further developing its On Nut and Thong Lor campuses and opening its Bang Na campus. A fourth campus is currently is the planning stage.
Operating with an American curriculum and approach as a foundation, Wells has adapted its standards to account for regional and cultural differences, as well as the needs of an international student body. It holds all students and instructors to high academic standards, expecting all members of the Wells community to contribute to a positive learning environment with a focus on critical analysis and practical application of knowledge. Instructors are therefore encouraged to be creative, engaging and organized in their approach to student instruction and to demonstrate a desire to continually grow as learners through professional development and peer collaboration.
Teaching in Thailand
Thailand possesses a diverse, complex culture that can be overwhelming for those who have had little exposure to other cultures; the food, weather, forms of communication and customs all differ greatly from most Western countries. Working in such an environment requires that you be adaptable, understanding and patient – particularly when dealing with students, parents and colleagues. You may want to ask yourself the following questions before making a commitment to teaching in Bangkok:
- Do I enjoy new experiences, including meeting new people and exploring unique cultures?
- Can I be flexible and empathetic with those who have different cultural perspectives and beliefs?
- Will I be willing to maintain the high professional standards required of instructors at international schools?
- Am I able to be a part of a close team that works collaboratively and supports professional development?
If you feel that you could answer “yes” to all of the above questions, you will likely enjoy the experience of teaching in Thailand.